There are so many reasons why your website needs to be mobile-friendly, but I will just talk about some of the biggest reasons. Almost every website is mobile friendly now and if your website is not feel free to contact me for a free quote.
1. Search Engine Rankings. Search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing rank mobile-friendly websites higher than non mobile-friendly websites. You can be losing rankings daily by not having a responsive website. Do no let your visitors leave your website just because it is not responsive to which ever device they are using to view your site. People are picky these days and if your site is not responsive the visitors will find another site they can navigate easily. Google estimates 60-80% of Internet users are coming from a mobile or tablet device, so right there you can see the need for a mobile-friendly website.
2. Phones are everywhere. Everyone has a cell phone or tablet these days and more and more people are using them for Internet searches. While at home or on the go people are finding it easier and faster to use their phones. If they see your ad on the side of a billboard or a vehicle they will look up your website on their phones, if it is not responsive to their device most likely they will leave your website right away. Do not lose business just because your site is not mobile-friendly.
3. Your competition. No matter what your business does your competitors most likely already have a mobile-friendly website. You may risk losing customers to your competitors for one reason only, your site is not mobile-friendly. Do not let this happen to you.
4. It is your store front in a sense. Having a website is just like having a store as well except the Internet users are walking in through your website and not your actually store. You need to impress your potential customers with a great looking website on all devices. If you spend money on advertisments then you should spend the money (a one time cost) to have a fully responsive website.
5. User friendly. You want your potential and returning customers to have an easy time navigating your website. Visitors want to be able to find what they want in a timely manner or they will move on to another site. Responsive sites will give your users easy access to all of your information on your website.
6. Levearge traffic. Many consumers are on the go making some kind of arrangements exclusively by mobile phones. Do not give these consumers an excuse to browse elsewhere. A mobile website makes your business grow along side the ever growing mobile audience.
7. Keep bounce rate down. Without a mobile-friendly website your bounce rate will most likely start to go up and up. Keep the consumers on your website and not visiting other competitors.
8. Returning consumers. Close to 75% of consumers say they are more likely to re-visit company websites if they are mobile-friendly. This can also help consumers spread the word about your business more because their experience on your site was great.
9. Get more leads. You will likely get a lot more leads with a responsive website. Many reasons will draw the consumers back to your site or they will purchase something or fill out a contact form if they can navigate easily. Do not lose leads from people using phones or tablets. The consumers will be able to engage a lot easier on your site.
Like I said these are just some of the many reasons why you need a responsive website. I briefly spoke about the reasons. Find out if your consumers are leaving your website quickly because of not having a mobile-friendly website. Contact me for more info.